In this post: Class meetings, new build, job opportunity, Harvest Fest report and more!Read More
IWS Construction updates!
This week Kent Garrison and crew are up in the air – framing the roof structure and preparing door and window openings – we can really see the shape of the building now!
We are in the process of making so many decisions that will define the finished space, such as lighting fixtures, wall colors and trim details
As the end of June approaches, which is also the end of our fiscal year, we would heartily encourage anyone who has been waiting for just the right moment to make their donation to our development efforts. We are still working to match our generous anonymous donor’s contribution of $40,000. You can help us match those funds by clicking here: Building On: Donate Now
• You have received our campaign update From Strong Roots, IWS Builds On. Please do take advantage of this opportunity to double your donation; thanks to the incredible generosity of our anonymous donor, however large or small your gift, it will count for twice as much, up to $40,000! DONATE NOW
• Carpenter Kent Garrison, along with Andrew & Trevor, is on site building up from the foundation. You will see the sill plates going down today and then ever upwards! This part is so satisfying, because we can really see the building taking shape.
• Going forward there will be opportunities to contribute to the effort, helping with helping the landscape to recover from construction, or painting the outside of the building once the siding is on. If you would like to donate your time, please contact Arabez Smith: – (607)379-5221
- This week we launch the next phase of our development campaign and we already have an anonymous donation: an offer to match funds up to $40,000!! Let your own gift be doubled by giving now!
- Out back, George Vanvalen and crew are placing water drainage pipes at the foundation, pouring gravel and continuing to grade the site for parking.
- Next week we will begin to see carpenter Kent Garrison around the site, preparing to build up, creating the skeleton of the building.
- The IWS Board will meet tonight – Monday, May 15th at 5pm. All are welcome. You will hear a report from the building committee as well as our administration. Simply let the office know you would like to attend.
- Have questions or concerns? Arabez Smith: (607)379-5221
- On Tuesday May 2nd at 8:30am please attend our Groundbreaking Ceremony by the chain link fence bordering the construction zone on the west side of the building.
- George Vanvalen and crew are measuring and digging for a new foundation. Over the course of the next 2-3 weeks a large hole will take shape out there!
- Next, the King Bros. will show up with their cement mixers and start pouring concrete for the foundation.
- The board committee appointed to oversee construction will meet to approve the final building plans.
- Have questions or concerns? Don't hesitate to catch me in the hall, call or email: Arabez Smith (607)379-5221.
Vanvalen and crew are onsite this week putting up fencing, clearing brush and leveling the building site. This is expected to take all week.
Please read and follow the safety instructions the office distributed via email on Friday.
The staff and faculty of IWS are prepared and well-informed to keep the kids out of harm's way! Do your part to help and obey new signage and parking instructions.
Check out the drawings in the lobby; you'll see IWS will be gaining a new classroom, a second meeting room and the long-anticipated Assembly Hall. Very exciting!
Have questions or concerns? Don't hesitate to catch me in the hall, call or email: Arabez Smith (607)379-5221,
The future is happening!
Welcome Arabez Smith who will be serving as project coordinator for the Building Construction!