The candle flames of these upcoming events which provide warmth and light will guide us into the darker days. And while the weather did not permit us to transform our barriletes through fire, we can appreciate that they are preserved for our enjoyment in the foyer.Read More
There are so many people to appreciate for their efforts over the weekend, and in the weeks preceding this year’s Harvest Festival. And so many gorgeous moments to capture that I feel this could be a bulletin in pictures – but I’ll simply make sure they get onto our Facebook page for you all to admire at your leisure.Read More
Join us for all the fall fun on Saturday October 21st from 11 am until 3 pm. A festival for everyone; including crafts, a puppet show, horse drawn wagon rides, and food by Dolce Delight! And this will be the perfect opportunity to pick up some pumpkins. You may still volunteer to help by signing up at the bulletin board in the lobby.Read More
A Glorious Michaelmas Day!
With our intern, Alistair Bennie-Underwood, supervising the apple press, we anticipate a flavorfulMichaelmas meal. There will be bread and soup for our bodies, and song to nourish the soul. If you can be here by 2:30 today, September 29th, you may join the celebration.Read More
Greetings on a sunshiny fall day!
Briefly . . . well, it’s hard to be brief when there is so much news to share and so many events upcoming, but I’ll do my best.Read More
From Strong Roots, We Build on... Please read on for an important letter from our Building Project Manager Arabez Smith on behalf of our Board of Directors!Read More
GENEROUS MATCHING CHALLENGE GIFT!
An incredibly benevolent and anonymous donor has just given the school a matching challenge gift of $40,000!
LAST FEW TOURS FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR
Thursdays from 8:30-9:30 am on May 18th, 25nd, June 1st & 8th - invite a friend!
YES, there is still school on Friday, May 26th!Read More
On Tuesday May 2nd at 8:30am please attend our Groundbreaking Ceremony by the chain link fence bordering the construction zone on the west side of the building!
Important Events & Dates
Thursday, May 4: 8:30am - School Tour / 11:15 am EC Dance around the Maypole
Friday, May 5: 8:30am - 12:30pm Grandparents & Special Friends Day PLEASE RSVP by Thursday
Welcome to Arabez, who will be serving as the Project Coordinator at IWS! Arabez will be posting updates on the construction in the lobby and will be sending out periodic electronic updates as well. You can also keep up with what is going on via Facebook and on our Building On tab too!
May 2, 8-9:30: Community Sing and Groundbreaking Ceremony - Please join us to share blessings and wishes for our new growth.
May 4, 11:15: Early Childhood Maypole Dance - with picnic to follow until 12:30. Families are welcome to attendRead More
NOTES FOR ALL
Contracts due for next year!
Safety in the Spring
Please walk on the mulched paths, and use the "crosswalk" to cross over through the split-rail fence to enter the school yard.
Spring Break is Next Week!
Office will be open BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, next week (April 17-21)
TUESDAY, 4/4 - Community Sing @ 8:30 am - all are welcome to join!
THURSDAY, 4/6 - Adult Eurythmy @7:00 pm - last chance!
• Fun activity! Nature Journaling for Kids at Six Mile Creek - April 8 Stream Safari with Phil Koons.
• Please Join Us and Invite Friends! Afternoon of Strings, Sunday, April 9 at 2pm.
- REMINDER! Please join us for the Joan Moora Lecture & Workshop with author Lea Page! Lecture is Friday, March 31 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm and the workshop is Saturday, April 1, from 9:00am - 12:00pm. Free childcare will be provided. Please RSVP here.
- Congratulations to Sujata, Carl and Liliasha on the arrival of baby Julia Amrita Rose Gibson on March 20! All members of the family are doing well!
• Parent - Toddler spring session begins week of March 27th and is now taking enrollments. If you know someone who would like to learn more or join the class please visit https://www.ithacawaldorf.org/parent-child/
• IWS Summer Camp is now enrolling - Some of the weeks are filling pretty quickly. If you would like to sign up or learn more visit the Summer Camp page! https://www.ithacawaldorf.org/summer-camp/Read More
- Reminder! There is NO SCHOOL THIS FRIDAY, MARCH 10, due to PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES. There WILL be childcare available, provided by Miss Fine, in the Early Childhood Classrooms.
- Please join us for Adult Eurythmy with Lisa Meissinger, trained eurythmist, Thursdays, from 6-7pm. Cost is $5/class or $20 for all five weeks! RSVP to Lisa via phone or text so she knows there will be enough attendees to hold class. 913.237.9692
Summer Camp Enrollment is Open!
We have 5 weeks of camp planned this summer, each week with a different theme! Camp is designed for children ages 5-11. Reserve your space now before it fills up!Read More
RE-ENROLLMENT SEASON IS NOW!!
Save $150 if you re-enroll by March 1st. Please CLICK HERE to re-enroll today!
Tuition Assistance Materials are HERE!!
Please CLICK HERE to learn about the process and start your application TODAY! Feel free to speak with Karen or Emily if you have questions re-enrollment as TA applicant.
TET Celebration this Friday, February 3rd from 2-4 pm
Please join us in the IWS lobby for this cherished, annual tradition!
- Re-enrollment has begun! Please check our website beginning Friday 1/27 for all re-enrollment materials and be sure to re-enroll by March 1 to save $150!
- Note! There is no school for Early Childhood Children on February 10 due to a WECAN conference