NOTES FOR ALL
Contracts due for next year!
To reserve your child(ren)'s place at IWS, please submit your contract online and bring in your check to the office this week!
Safety in the Spring
Please walk on the mulched paths, and use the "crosswalk" to cross over through the split-rail fence to enter the school yard. It is extremely dangerous to walk within the parking lot, as multiple cars and busses are moving along the way. Also, please do not park in any bus or fire lanes - see us in the office if you need an updated map!
Staying after school
We LOVE having families stay after school, but please be aware that you are responsible for supervising your child unless s/he has been registered for AfterSchool care. Once your child has been dismissed by his/her class teacher, please proceed to the playground behind the school (NOT the EC play yard), as the front deck and EC yard are often crowded and it can be confusing for young children waiting to meet their parents.
Spring Break is Next Week!
Office will be open BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, next week (April 17-21)
- Stringed Puppet Making workshop on April 22nd, 10am - 2pm, $30, Bring your own lunch. To register email email@example.com.
- Grandparents' and Special Friends' Day on May 5 - postcards to be mailed this week!!Stay tuned for details of construction - we are excited to be breaking ground in the near future, once our building permit is received and initial contractors have been scheduled.
- Summer Camp - still openings available, but filling fast! Learn more/Register
- Curriculum Conversations with Rebecca Lesser, Grades Faculty Chair! 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 8:45-9:45am, starting Thursday, April 13th. Join Ms. Lesser as she gives glimpses into the Waldorf Grades curriculum - designed to be informal chances to pose questions, sip tea, and join in lively conversation about what's in store for Grades children at the Ithaca Waldorf School!
First and Third Thursdays Tours are NOT just for new families! Curious about what goes on behind closed doors? Please join us, and bring another parent in your child's class! Next tour is on Thursday, April 27th - we look forward to welcoming you! CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
THANK YOU to all who provided such a lovely Afternoon of Strings:
- the IWS Ensemble conducted by Christine Lowe-Diemecke
- wonderful trio of Christine Lowe-Diemecke, Augusto Diemecke and Rebecca Lesser
- folk-rock duo of Ali Diemecke and Tim Nosewicz
- fantatstic fiddling by Tim Ball
- and delectable refreshments by Parent Council!