May I be a light-bearer in the world’s wintry night
Upcoming Events & Activities
Friday January 26th Display of Work – Grades 2:15 pm
Grades 5/6 World Geography 8:40 am
All are invited!
Saturday January 27th All School Open House 11 am – 1 pm
Tuesday January 30th In the Parent’hood 6:30 pm
Monday February 5th Grades 3 & 4 Bake Sale
Tuesday February 6th All School Community Sing 8:30 am
Friday February 9th EC – NO SCHOOL WECAN Conference
TBA Tet Celebration! Early March (corrected)
All School Open House – Saturday
Don’t forget to spread the word: this Saturday, January 27th from 11 am – 1 pm, we invite the Ithaca community to make our acquaintance! This is the perfect opportunity to tour the campus, meet our faculty and staff and generally enjoy an introduction to Waldorf education.
Enrollment & Tuition Assistance 2018-19
We are thrilled to see our online forms populating with returning students! Add to the accumulation before February 16th and receive the Early Bird Discount of $150. Once you have completed your forms, please visit us in the office to sign your contract(s) and pay your deposit.
**If you are applying for Tuition Assistance, it is especially important that you meet this deadline. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions, either in the office or by contacting our TA Committee: Bradford Smith firstname.lastname@example.org and MaryAnn Albonesi email@example.com.
Display of Work – Friday January 26th
At 8:40 am tomorrow all are invited to enjoy the grades 5/6 World Geography presentations in the Great Room. The students have been working on these projects for a couple of weeks, and many will be offering a taste of the culture they have been exploring. Come and sample their wares!
And then in the afternoon at 2:15 pm, all grades students will display a selection of their school work in the foyer so that we may observe and enjoy their progress and ingenuity!
In the Parent’hood
The topic for this discussion group, rescheduled for Tuesday January 30th at 6:30 pm, is Sacred Text: What Makes it So? Join topic leaders Rev Rich Rose, and Sara Ferguson for a lively conversation about the texts we deem sacred.
Congratulations to Sujata Gibson . . .
Kindergarten student Liliasha Gibson got to go to Washington, D.C. to watch her mother, Sujata Sidhu Gibson, get sworn in as a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States just before Christmas. Sujata was one of 26 women from the state of New York to get sworn in together last month in a special proceeding admitting selected members of the Women’s Bar of the State of New York. Liliasha did a great job sitting in the Court room as mom’s plus one while the Justices administered the oath. After the swearing in, Justice Ginsberg came and welcomed the newly admitted “officers of the Court” and Liliasha and her baby sister got to say hello! No pictures allowed in the Courtroom, but these were taken in the reception room afterwards.
Links & Announcements
· Cello & viola for sale – please see the attachments below for details. These instruments are also posted on the bulletin board in our foyer.
· Contribute to a volunteer build in Puerto Rico: John Tilitz (IWS community member) volunteers his time to rebuild homes in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria. Please read John’s letter in the attachment.
· IWS student Flossie Martell-Glennon will perform a brief cameo in this production of Nashville at the Hangar Theater! http://www.hangartheatre.org/events/Nashville.html
· Who Are the Honey Bees? Live at IWS! Join us in the Great Room for a screening of this free webinar Wednesday January 31st at 7:30 pm.
· CCOYC is hiring an Operations Manager; see listing in the attachments.
· Winter Camp at the Garden City Waldorf school’s Camp Glenbrook, February 19 – 23, 2018.