The world shines with the light of my thinking
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Friday February 15th $150 Early Bird Discount ends TOMORROW
February 18th -22nd EC Winter Camp CANCELED
NO GRADES CLASSES
Monday February 25th IWS Board Meeting 5 pm All Welcome!
Tuesday March 5th 1st Grade Readiness Parent Meeting 4 – 5:30 pm
Friday March 8th Wizard of Oz – The Musical! 6 pm
Saturday March 9th Wizard of Oz – The Musical! 2 pm
Final Day for Early Bird Enrollment Discount
So many of you have already navigated our new enrollment process beautifully – thank you for your patience as we get ourselves up to speed in the office.
To receive the $150 Early Bird Enrollment Discount, you will need to complete the following steps by end of day tomorrow:
· Follow your personalized link to TADS and complete the enrollment forms
· Submit your deposit and Supply Fee to the office (or via direct deposit on the TADS website)
· Follow the Agreements link and select your payment plan
Families applying for Financial Aid will have until February 28th to complete that application on TADS and submit all necessary forms. Please don’t hesitate to find support in the office at any time – we can loan you a laptop, help with uploading documents, you name it!
It’s Maple Sap Season!
Here the 6th and 7th graders introduce the first grade to the tools of the trade:
IWS Seeks Qualified Grades Teachers
The Ithaca Waldorf School currently has openings for teachers in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades. Please support our search for the perfect candidates by sharing this link to our job postings on social media:
Ms Meehan will continue at IWS as the Music Teacher. We are so lucky and grateful to have Ms Meehan's skill and warmth in this capacity, and to have had Mrs Lesser's careful guidance and continued participation on the IWS Music Advisory Committee. We will, however, be seeking a new second grade teacher. Thank you for your understanding and support as we fill these openings with capable new teachers!
Curriculum Night RESCHEDULED:
Thursday March 28th 6 – 7:30 pm
Join the IWS faculty for an evening of sharing about some of the hands on experiences brought to the students from Early Childhood through the grades. This year’s Curriculum Night, A Walk Through the Waldorf Curriculum, offers an opportunity to ‘be a student’ and learn how your child learns here at the Ithaca Waldorf School. Many parents have questions about Waldorf pedagogy and how it ‘looks’ in the classroom. This is your chance to see this philosophy in action, with a particular focus on the practical arts, and ask the teachers themselves how they bring their understanding of the whole child into every lesson.
We have also invited several IWS alumni to join the event and they will talk about their transitions to local middle or high schools, as well as reflect on the impact of a Waldorf education on their growth as students and as citizens of the world!
· 100% Grass-fed Organic Beef Raised on Miss Karen's farm, on land which has been organic for more than 50 years, these cattle eat only grass. IWS SALE: 20 lbs of ground beef or roasts (or any combo of the two) for $100. Ground meat is prepared in 1 lb packages. Please contact Karen Lonsky to place an order: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Guitar Lessons with Sue Terwilliger Sue Terwilliger, the IWS Guitar Ensemble instructor, is a world traveled guitarist with a Bachelor of Music from Ithaca College and 15 years of experience teaching. Her approach blends teaching universally important skills with what excites and motivates an individual student, drawing from rock, pop, blues, jazz, classical and world music. Her private instruction rates are $25/half hr, $37.50/45 min and $50/hr.
· Winter Ball Miss Angie Beeler and Miss Devon Buckley cordially invite you to join us for a joyful evening of family fun. Offerings of snacks and cash donations will be accepted. Families are welcome to bring the children to dance to fun music and play together in our fanciest threads to chase the Winter Blues away and dance in the Spring! See attached flyer.